Here are a few of the questions I’m often asked about home dog boarding, but if your burning question isn’t answered below, please email or call me on 0845 543 9037.
Why should I choose home dog boarding?
- Many dogs find traditional kennels stressful; they’re often noisy, busy places without individual comforts. Dogs thrive in loving, homely surroundings rather than dog kennels. Settling them into a home-from-home environment, with a professional and experienced carer, allows your dog to behave just as they would at home and to enjoy all the care and routines that they’re used to. My customers say that home dog boarding means that they can leave for their trip or holiday without any extra concerns.
How many dogs do you look after?
- I operate a single household policy and therefore only accept 1-2 dogs from one household at a time. This ensures that your pet receives my full attention and enjoys their stay without the distraction of unfamiliar dogs sharing their visit.
When can we get in touch for a progress report?
- Give me a call during the day and I can share your dog’s day with you over the phone! If you’re out of the country, you’re also welcome to email me at email@example.com. I keep a detailed record of walks, sleeps, meals and temperament during the home boarding period; you can take this record home with you. Should your dog require any veterinary treatment while staying with me, I’ll contact you regularly to keep you informed.
Can we provide our dog’s favourite toys, treats and bedding for their stay?
- Yes, of course. Bedding, blankets and toys are included in the price, but you’re very welcome to bring your dog’s special items from home if you prefer. I do ask that you provide your dog’s usual food, collars and leads.
Are you registered?
- Yes, JB Dog Care is licensed by New Forest District Council to operate a dog boarding service from my home, and also has full third party liability insurance. I also hold a Canine First Aid Certificate and have completed other relevant training.